Environment Loading and Discovery
To create and map all the Resources needed to finalize the environment model for a Clarive implementation, we recommend performing any of the following activities:
- Probe and discover infrastructure using rules.
- Load Resources from a database or spreadsheet.
- Duplicate configuration from/to current models.
To discover environments, use Clarive's Probe Operations to set up discovery logic that will detect and load infrastructure resources from your network.
- Create a new rule of type
Actionand select where the action will be available.
- Add probe operations that suit the type of Resources you wish to discovery. Probe operations available depend on the plugins and features installed at your installation.
Loading Resources into Clarive can be done in three ways:
- Importing CSV, YAML or JSON file.
- Calling a webservice.
- Importing a snapshot
Importing from file¶
Import menu option for each Resource grid available to import info.
Calling a Clarive Webservice¶
Calling into the Clarive API using a webservice is another method of loading (and updating) Resources in the system.
Write a webservice rule in the
Rule Designer to create and load Resources.
Importing a snapshot¶
It is possible to import the Resources through the option Snapshots located in the Administration menu.
More info here.